It has been a great past few weeks of reading!! I just finished two books which were fantastic!! I highly recommend them both. The first is called The Alchemist and the second is The Last Lecture. Look them up and read! They are both pretty short so you’ll be able to get through them in a jiffy. Apart from being good stories, both of these books were chalk full of wisdom. I felt like page after page was just a gem. Below are a few of my favorite quotes that I pulled out from both books. I hope they make you think and inspire you.
Quotes from The Alchemist
- Beware of the place where you are brought to tears. That’s where I am and that’s where your treasure is
- My instructor explained to me that pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. She helped me understand that the problem isn’t the presence of imperfection, but more so my reaction to it that gave it its power.
- The desert will give you an understanding of the world, in fact anything on the face of the earth will do that. You don’t have to understand the desert: all you have to do is contemplate a simple grain of sand and you will see in it all the marvels of creation
- Listen to your heart. It knows all things because it came from the soul of the world and it will one day return there
- Wherever your heart is that is where you’ll find your treasure
- The boy continued to listen to his heart as they crossed the desert. He came to understand it’s dodged and tricks and to accept it as it was
- There is no heart they has ever suffered when it goes in search if it’s dreams, because every second of the search if a second’s encounter with God and with eternity
- When we strive to become better everything around us becomes better too
- Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the World